Just the life of any other Rachel

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Things have been tough lately.  Conference weekend is supposed to be uplifting, and comforting.  It was the exact opposite.  There were too many talks about kids who died.  And Elder Oaks, who I normally love, gave a talk that crushed me.  I was sobbing before it was over.  Not good sobbing, sobbing because my heart was breaking.  I can't even remember what was said, but it was about kids, it was frustrating, and crushing.  I do remember he said a child is best when in the home with it's biological parents.  And I thought oh great, another strike for us.

I don't really know what to do.  I feel like being in the church is making things harder.  My faith is failing me.  Or I'm failing it.

Aaron's having a hard time too.  He's not as vocal about it as I am.  But I just feel broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment