Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Work

I went to work this morning.  The schedule looked weird.  I found out one of the PTs was laid off.  He was the newest one, not too long out of school.  I feel bad.  Then I checked my email and saw my boss wanted to meet with me later in the morning.  So I assumed I might be getting laid off too.  I wasn't, but my hours were cut.  I was (only) working 12, now I'm only working 8.  Down from MWF to WF.  I texted Aaron to let him know.  He said are you sad or happy?  I said "I feel unaffected".  I really do.  I'm a little sad that I'm somewhat disposable, but I suppose that's true of nearly all jobs.  But I was secretly thinking not too long ago that I wouldn't mind working less.  It came at a good time though.  My job was essentially paying for our (me and Bertie) insurance.  And with Aaron's new job, our (the whole family) insurance is essentially free (under $40 a month).  So the money from my job is kind of a bonus.  Plus Aaron's pay will increase in August, so it's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment