Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A december post

Apparently it's been a month since I was last here.  I think I'm in a little depression slump.  No reason, really, as usual.

Our fakey tree is set up in the kitchen (displaced from the living room, due to Bertie's toys), and stuffed with gifts underneath.  I am pretty excited for Christmas.  I hope Bertie might actually get into opening gifts.  And if not, I'm still excited to see what he got.  We're having dinner with Aaron's family (as we always do), and my dad is coming (as he always does).  We've decided we're not "doing" Santa.  I have no nostalgia around it.  And Aaron doesn't care to do it.  (Actually the only memories I have about Santa were hoping that he was real, and would ignore the fact I was Jewish, though, he never did).  But I did get Bertram's picture with the Santa at Bass Pro Shop, because it was free.  My gift from Aaron was having my engagement ring re-set with two diamonds from my great-aunt's ring.

We're in the process of getting a new cat, because I'm a crazy person.  I saw that four years ago, we adopted Diamond Jim from Best Friends, in Utah.  I looked at their website, and saw it was cheap adoption time again, and saw an old lady cat called Tinsley.  She is 10, has 3 legs, and a black splotch on her white face.  I've always wanted a three-legged cat or dog.  And we like to get the less desirable cats (old, or with FIV, or old with FIV).  Because we have adopted from them before, she is free.  As of now, she is scheduled to arrive on January 8th.

Also, in the new year, I'm going back to being vegetarian.  Or maybe a very occasional pescaterian, I haven't decided yet.  I don't really like eating animals, and I don't like what it does for the environment.  ...But I'm also planning on getting pregnant again next year, so we'll see what my body wants to do.

Bertie is doing well.  He talks a lot!  He is really starting to become a twonager.  It's hard to keep my patience sometimes, but I'm still new at this, so I try to cut myself a little break.  And generally speaking, he's good, but precocious.

No comments:

Post a Comment