Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Catching up.

It's been a long time since I've been here.  I feel like I have a lot to say, but nothing has really happened.

The new schedule at work is killing me.  Midnight-6am (usually 7am) is not really working well for me.  It's a lot longer, and being obligated to stay late is awful.  Plus, there is traffic at 7, and it ruins my sleep schedule for the rest of the week.  The other thing is most of my friends switched to days, so work is lonely now.  We'll see what happens, but I'm leaning towards leaving, and looking for something else.  I'll email HR, I know there are some help desk things you can do from home.  So yeah...

We've been rotating sick for a while.  The three of us, and the extended family.  Just the usual sinus/cold yuck.

Because Bertie has been sick, we hadn't been able to attend Joy School (like a rotating home school preschool).  Last week was the first time he got to go (it was the third meeting) and I was the helper mom.  My goodness, he was the worst on there.  The woman hosting said maybe he'll do better next week, when I'm not there.

Then again, he's really been on an "independent" streak lately.  I've been told two year olds do this, so I'm not too concerned.  It's more frustrating than anything else.

Today we were laying in my bed, watching cartoons.  I told him I was tired and needed a nap.  And he could stay and read his books.  (I gave him the option of going to see grandma and grandpa, but he declined).  I laid down.  He read for a bit, then he laid down, asked me to tuck him in and said "I nap too".  I think the last time he willingly napped with me he was still nursing.

I'm about done with Christmas shopping.  Which is good because Bertie is getting worse at shopping as he gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment