Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Quick baby update

Yesterday was my 38 week appointment.  Bertie came with me.  The NP always lets him help, which is really nice.  So he helped with the doppler.  Heart sounds good, she's still head down.I asked for an internal, since I'd have a few random contractions.  I was hoping for a little progress.  But there really wasn't any.  No dilation or effacement, only signs are that the cervix is soft, and baby has dropped a little.  I'm getting fairly uncomfortable, so I'm ready when she is.  Also, the NP said if I make if to my 40 week appointment, we can schedule an induction for 41 weeks.  So there is an end in sight, but it's dragging along.

I think I'm going to get Bertram a gift to open when baby sister is born, and tell him it's from her.  Maybe a hot wheels track.

Also, Aaron started his new job yesterday.  He's still with the Social Services for the county, but he's a supervisor now.  He says his office is really hot.  But other than that things seem pretty good.  He got to work in 12 minutes yesterday.  That is a dream commute around here where people often spend an hour+ going to work.

How far along? 38 weeks 
Total weight loss/gain: About 23lbs.  I would have liked to kept it under 20, but I'm happy with 23, especially since I gained 40 with Bertie.
Maternity clothes? I'm currently wearing 0 maternity clothes, but I was doing yard work.  Men's basketball shorts, and a very big t-shirt.  Other than this it's all maternity clothes
Sleep: Not too bad.  I remember not being able to get comfortable when I was pregnant the first time.  I can get comfortable, but I sometimes have trouble falling asleep.

Best moment this week: Lots of baby kicks and squiggles
Movement: She moves a lot, especially after I eat
Food cravings: Not too much.  Kool-aid, surprisingly.  I haven't been too hungry, and most food doesn't sound good.
Food aversions: Garlic, onions, and sometimes raw veg
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nothing much. Braxton-hicks occasionally

Belly Button in or out? In, it's not going anywhere
What I miss: Sleeping on my back.
What I am looking forward to: Getting her room completely done.  I'm waiting on a couple framed things from Target.  (I ordered them before, and they arrived smashed. I reordered and am crossing my fingers.  I'm just waiting on the wall stuff, the bassinet, crib, clothes, changing table, etc are ready.  I'd probably ought to get out the breast pump, and make sure it's ready too.
Milestones: 38 weeks!  Bertram was a week and a half old at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment