Just the life of any other Rachel

Friday, June 8, 2018

The week past

On Monday the kids and I went to Santa Cruz with my dad.  We walked on West Cliff Drive, and then went to Cowell's beach, just for a few minutes.  I didn't bring sunblock, for whatever reason.  I was worried about the kids getting sunburned, and I knew I was sunburned.  Bertram loves the beach, even though our beaches are so cold (the water is usually in the low 60's).  Bronwyn liked sitting in the sand, and eating it (weirdo).  I got a pretty bad sunburn, but the kids were unscathed.

Wednesday was my birthday.  I'm 35.  I feel very old.  In my head I'm still in my mid-20s.  I thought it would be fun to take the kids to the aquarium (as Aaron was working, and it seemed better than hanging out at home).  We went to my dad's house (we always drive his Prius on our day trips, even though it's annoying to move the car seats back and forth).  I moved the seats and then realized I left my aquarium tickets at home. (My dad has a membership.  I hold on to the two guest passes, and Bertram has his own pass). So we all rode to my house and got the tickets. On the way there, my dad's security camera sent him an alert.  He has a packaged dropped off right after we left.  So we drove back over there so he could bring it in.  (He lives 5 or 6 miles away).  So after all the back and forth we finally got on the road.  We all had a good time.  Bertram is getting interested in the exhibits, which is fun.  Plus, since we go there every month or two he has some familiarity.  Bronwyn was interested too, which was fun.  A couple times I put her up against the glass, but it made her nervous.  Bertram was disappointed we left before seeing everything we wanted to see, but since we left so late, we ran out of time. 
When we came home, Aaron, the kids, and I went to Red Lobster for dinner. Bertram's behaviour was so-so.  Bronwyn (surprisingly) didn't like crab. 
Aaron bought an ice cream cake (which we didn't end up eating til the next day).  I opened my gifts and got a lot of nice things.  My mom sent a box with 35 things in it. 

We didn't do much the rest of the week.  I've been really tired lately, even with (seemingly) adequate sleep.  I exercised Monday and Tuesday, but haven't done anything since.  Bertram and I tried to work on a papier mache project today (planets, of course).  It turns out, he is too young for papier mache.  I did all the work, but we're only about halfway done.

No new teeth for Brony yet. I found out that the likes her baby swing, which is kind of fun.

We're still going back and forth about having a third kid.  But I'm feeling a little more urgency, now that I'm 35.  There are a lot of cons.  But really I suppose, really there are mostly cons when thinking about having a kid in general (added expense, difficult pregnancy, potential issues with baby, how it would affect the other kids etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment