Just the life of any other Rachel

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Now it's July

On Monday (almost a week ago), I had my every-couple-of-years colonoscopy.  I did the same prep that I had used previously, Miralax in Gatorade (with Duocolax and Mg Citrate).  I need to remember to start my prep a lot sooner than the paperwork says.  I started drinking the Miralax (half a bottle in 32oz of green Gatorade) around 4pm.  I didn't have any results until about 2am.  I think it's supposed to work in 2 hours.  Since it didn't start working til very early in the morning, which meant I wasn't really ready at 8:30, like I was supposed to be.  I was worried that the camera wouldn't be able to see what it needed to.  But everything was fine.  There wasn't anything worrisome.  My GI did take some biopsies, so we'll see if there is anything wrong when they come back from pathology.

Bertie wants someone to hangout with him til he falls asleep.  So bedtime is often a battle (which I think is fairly common).  After telling him to go to bed about 15 times tonight, he came back out and said "will you snuggle with me?"  (Snuggle sounds more like nuddle).  I told him no and to go back to bed.  Then I felt terrible, and went in to lay down with him for a few minutes.  I asked him how he was feeling lately.  He said good.  I said it seems like you've been sad or angry a lot lately.  He responded I want you to do things with me, but you won't do them.  Ouch.  I suck.  I thought I said yes to him a good amount of time, but apparently not often enough. 

This is one of the major things giving me pause about having a third baby.  I have enough love for everyone.  But I don't know that I can give everyone the time and attention they need and deserve. 

And on the same page- I'm having second thoughts about Bertram going to preschool next year.  I really don't want him gone everyday.  He'll be doing that soon enough with kindergarten.  (Plus he's good on academics, it's mostly for social skills, classroom skills etc).

Aaron and I have been doing 16:8 intermittent fasting.  We (generally) eat between the hours of 10am-6pm.  Then nothing with calories the rest of the time.  It's supposed to be fairly effective for weight loss, and it's easy to do.  It hasn't been hard (other than the first couple evenings, because I'm used to snacking at night).  Aaron has been really good about sticking to it, and has lose 6-7 lbs in about 2 weeks.  I've not been as good.  A couple nights I was really hungry.  With the colonoscopy prep, I had to eat all day.  So I'll do better this week and hopefully this week, and the scale will reflect it.  I've lost a couple lbs so far.  I've been in a little funk, so my exercise hasn't been up to par either.

In the next couple weeks Bertram has space camp (starting tomorrow), both kids have swimming lessons, my mom is coming out, we're having Bronwyn's birthday (how is she almost 1?), Bertram has a PT appt, and I have another dental visit.  So we'll be busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment