Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, November 21, 2011

Adoption

I want to call LDS Family Services.  ... But I'm scared.

There are two sticking points for us right now.
1. Documented infertility assessment
2. Financially able to care for the needs of current family members as well as the child(ren) to be adopted


I think my doctor would write an infertility assessment, However, it may not be what they want, since I might not always be unable to have kids.  When I wrote an email about it before, they said it goes on a case by case basis.  That makes me nervous.  


We can take care of our current family members, and by the time we'd be eligible to adopt, I'm sure we'd be financially ready for a baby, because it usually takes a long time.  But I think they may wait til we have more money (aka for Aaron to be employed) before we can even start the process.


I guess it wouldn't be bad to meet with someone, just to see if we can start getting our ducks in a row.  


I'm still scared. 


Aaron said, Well if we can't go through them, we'll go to China, or Vietnam, or where ever.  It's encouraging, but the whole process is scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment