Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Weekly Wrap-up


  • I spent most of Wednesday and Thursday cleaning like a fiend.  I wanted Aaron to be able to come home from his two-week business trip to a nice clean home.  I did a lot, and the house looks great.  The only thing I wasn't able to do was mow the lawns.  Not too bad though.
  • Work has been going well.  I think I've got it all down now.  I have my weekly meeting with the owner and office manager on Monday, so I guess I'll know for sure then.  It was a productive week.
  • I went to work at 6am on Friday.  Since I was leaving early (supposedly at 2) to get Aaron from the airport.  He didn't actually arrive til after 3.  But that's ok, I worked nearly 8 hours.  Plus I've been doing a bit of overtime lately.  So I'm looking forward to next payday.
  • I going to fly out to see my mom and sisters in October.  I was looking at flights earlier in the week, and found some for $320.  When I started looking towards the end of the week, $385 is the lowest.  I hate that, why does it happen?  My mom is buying, so it's not really a huge deal, but I don't want her to pay more.
  • Weight loss is still going very well.  I was 137.5 this morning!  The first goal I set was 133.  But if I can get there, I'll probably aim for 129 or so.  It would be a lot easier if I could exercise more, but I don't have the energy for that (stupid crohns).  
  • Against my better judgement, I agreed to help out in nursery at church tomorrow.  The lady left me a message, and I sat on it for a while.  Anything having to do with kids for extended periods of time tends to be heartbreaking for me.  But I felt like I should do it.  And then it'll force me to stay for all 3 hours, and I won't have to go to ladies' Sunday school (which is generally asinine, at best).
  • I told Aaron next time he goes away, he'll have to make me some freezer meals.  I can cook (not well), but when I'm alone, I'm not motivated to do so; I usually have tv dinners, canned soup, or cereal.  Aaron (rightly so) worries about my diet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment