Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015

We stayed up til midnight to ring in the new year.  Bertie didn't sleep well, so the rest of us didn't either.  We didn't get out of bed until after 10.  I can't remember the last time that happened (certainly before Bertram was born)!  We went to Aaron's folks house for potica bread.  We did some chores, Bertie napped.  Then we went to Target to spend gift cards.  I got a few cosmetics, deep conditioner, and a pair of running tights.  We were carrying things in, so we set Bertie on his play mat.  When we came back a minute later, he was on the other side of the mat.  So he possibly crawled, and we missed it.  :-/  We wanted to nap, but Bertie had other ideas.  We all got up.  Aaron fed baby, while I made dinner.  I waved at Bertie while he was eating, and he waved back!  That's the first time he's done that!  I made a really good dinner, which is kind of rare for me.  We went for our nightly dog walk, and Bertie fell asleep before I'd finished singing to him.

I've been thinking of resolutions for this year.
Getting in shape, of course.  I need to stop letting depression running the show.  I'm going to run, I'm going to hike, I'm going to start the new Bikini Body Mommy workout on Monday.
Eating better/cleaner. I want to cook more, and use prepared foods less.  We also want to eat a lot less meat.  I think I'm going to start cooking all vegetarian at home.   (Except we have a gift card for Omaha Steaks...).  And less soda.
Sex.  (Probably TMI) Ever since Bertie came along our sex life is almost non-existent (part of it is having a baby, and part is depression).  So I'm setting a goal of 2-3 times a week.
Putting in effort.  I usually don't put much effort into my look.  I'm going to try to gussy up a little.  I little make-up, do my hair slightly.  Try to dress cute-ish.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment