Just the life of any other Rachel

Friday, March 4, 2016

Catching up

We had Bertie's second birthday.  Just a small affair with family, pizza and cake.  Bertie had a good time, and got some nice gifts.

My mom was here for 2 blissful weeks.  I love having her here, and Bertie does too.  We always have fun together.  We went to the aquarium on day with my dad.  Bertie loved it!  It's fun to see my parents together again too.  Like we get to play the happy family, which we actual are now.  Funny, how divorce can make things better for everyone.  And, unlike make divorced couples, they can actual hang out, and be friends.
(Sometimes I feel guilty that I'm the stay at home parent.  Some days Bertie and I have so much fun.  I know I'd be jealous if the situation was reversed).

I ordered my bridesmaid dress today.  Well, skirt.  I'm pretty excited, because I'll actually be able to wear it again.  But it's going to take til mid April to get here.  :-/

I've been keeping up with my exercise.  I've only missed one day so far this year.  I want to concentrate more on running.  But I've been really tired lately, which makes 6am running hard.  I tried a beginning plyometrics workout today.

 But, I've been eating like crap lately.  Lots of sugar, lots of diet coke.  And I've been more flexitarian than vegetarian.

My friend Brianon had her baby yesterday.  She had a lot similarities to Bertie's birth.  Emergency c-section, babies in NICU.  I wish I could be there to help out and meet baby Henry.

We finally got some rain today.  It's supposed to continue for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment