Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Something quick, before the boy awakens

I didn't realize how long it had been since I'd blogged.

Potty training it going pretty well.  Still no poo in the potty, but he's doing well with peeing.  Instead of waiting for him to tell me he needs to pee, I take him ever 45-60 minutes.  I realized that if I wait for him to tell me he needs to pee, it's an immediate need.  But we go out in undies or training pants, and he sleeps in pull ups.

I think he's nearly given up on naps.  But a miracle occurred yesterday and he napped for almost 2 hours.  Ahh.  Sweet relief.

I finished the Bikini Body Mommy challenge.  Not much changed, except I'm stronger.  But my measurements, and weight didn't change.  Brianon and I are going to do a month of yoga, then choose what to do next.  It's nice to have a buddy.

I've been going to the track 4ish days a week.  I want to be a runner.  I don't think I'm a runner, but I'm hoping I can become one.

Aaron doesn't like his job.  We both love the benefits and hours.  The pay is ok.  But he doesn't like the work.  It's not challenging, and he is bored a lot of the time (such is governmental work, I guess).  He's been looking for other things within the county, and had some interviews, but no luck yet.  I know he'll find something he likes better soon, but I feel bad for him in the meantime.  And I feel guilty, a major reason he took this job is the health care (top tier coverage, and it's practically free).  The reason that is an issue is me.  Crohns is expensive.  So I feel responsible for his work misery.  But this too shall pass.

Boy is awake.  More later, perhaps.

*******************************
Night time now.  I have the Olympics on, but I'm not really watching it.

I've had a lot of dental visits lately.  Fillings to get done.  Last week I went to get a filling repaired, but ended up having a pretty deep cavity filled.  The dentist thought I might need a root canal, but everything looks ok so far.  But then I started having pain on a different tooth (one I had filled about a month ago).  He told me to order a special European tooth paste, and see if it helps.  I did two day shipping, but it's one of those where two days, doesn't mean two days.  It is feeling a little better, even without special tooth paste.

We had our first family home evening (FHE) tonight.  I made cupcakes that only turned out ok.  (They tasted fine, but didn't have the texture you want).  And Aaron did the "lesson", which was showing Bertie pictures, and talking about Jesus for a minute.  

Oh.  Bertram pooped in the potty today!  He said he needed to pee.  So I rushed him over to his little potty.  He sat for a minute, then popped up.  And there it was.  I made a bfd about it (because it is a bfd), and he got two dum-dums.  So hopefully he'll be encouraged for the future.

He had gymnastics today.  It was the first day he participated, and didn't run for the door every time I put him down.  But he spent a lot of time just laying on the mat.  I'll take it as a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment