Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, October 9, 2017

Another Catch-up

I really should remember to blog more often. Time just gets away, I guess.

My tooth is completely done.  I got my real crown a couple weeks ago.  The EoB came in the mail today.  It looks like it's going to cost a lot less than was estimated, but I'm waiting for a call back from their office.

After waffling for a while, I finally got our tickets to go to Virginia.  There is a new thing called Basic Economy (aka garbage flying).  You pay $400 for a ticket, but you can't have a carry on and you can't choose your seat.  I accidentally bought these tickets to start with.  I'm not sure why they would let someone flying with a 3 year old book those to begin with, as it specifically says families won't be seated together.  It seems like the the top 4 airlines reporting billions in profits, one wouldn't have to pay $400+ and then another $25 for the suitcases to fly too.  Grumble.  Anyway, that got sorted out, but airlines are lame.

Bronwyn is getting better at sleeping.  Not great, but improved.  Most nights she starts out in her own bed.  But usually after a night feeding, I'm too tired to put her back. 

The elimination diet seems to be going well.  So far I've added wheat and dairy back.  She had no issues with dairy, wheat is still questionable.  I added wheat in about 5 days ago.  Her tummy hasn't been more upset, but she seems more grumpy than usual.

Bertram has been acting out more.  I'm going to look into a class through Kaiser to see if we can get some ideas.  Nothing seems to work.

Bertie had a dentist appointment today (his second ever).  He did really well at his first one, but today wasn't great.  He wouldn't let them do much of anything.  But his teeth look fine, and his 3 year molars came in at some point in the last 6 months.  Who knew? 
Bertram also went fishing for the first time today.  He went with his dad and papa.  They didn't catch any fish, but he seemed to have fun, and also enjoyed throwing rocks.

There are a bunch of fires 80 miles north of us, but the air here is terrible.  I wanted to take the kids for a walk, but I didn't want them in the crummy air any longer than necessary.  Maybe tomorrow will be better. 

Here are pictures from the last month:

Bronwyn's first ER visit.  She was fine, but she had a high fever (which disappeared when we arrived)


 
We went to Happy Hallow one day.  They both had fun.


Bertie helping with Bronwyn's 2 month pictures

Grumpy girl

Despite being difficult, he is also incredibly sweet.

He got a haircut

Brony got this cute outfit.

Bertram's Halloween costume, that he changed his mind about as soon as it arrived. (He's not getting a different costume)

We officially have a thumbsucker.

1 comment: