Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, June 3, 2019

A busy day

Grandma is still hanging on.  She is a tough lady; stubborn, like all the other women in the family.  Haha.  She's still not present.  Her BP, pulse and respiration have been dropping as the day went on.  But as of 9pm, she's still here.  But it's awful to see her this way.  It's crazy how fast it all happened, then how slow it all happened, if that makes sense.  I think I'm ok with it all, but then I'm not.  It's hard, because this is the first death of someone I'm actually close to.  I wasn't close to either of my paternal grandparents (I don't remember my grandpa at all).  I was somewhat close to my maternal grandparents, but we live 3000 miles apart, so the distance was a buffer when my Papa died.  Nanny is still alive.  But this grandma has been my grandma for the last 18ish years.  In that time I saw her most days.  We were friends.  She was so funny, warm and kind.  I'm going to miss her so much, and I wish there was an easier end for her.  I'm also glad my MiL and cousin (in law) have taken the lead on her care.  I'm grateful for them more than ever.  Anyway, I'm sure I'll talk about this more in the days to come.

Bron has been sick for a week and a half: fever, then cough, then fever again.  I took her to the doctor this morning and she has an ear infection.  Her first one.  So she gets Ammox.  She's been feverish, grouchy, and tired. 

Before her appointment, I went to get a low back x-ray.  My doctor contacted me this afternoon to let me know I have "moderate to severe" arthritis.  Because, you know, I'm 36, so I guess it's time for the arthritis to kick in.  I have an appointment for PT next week.  And I'm going to get a referral for acupuncture.  Aside from that, I've emailed my GI because this is likely Crohns related, or Humira related, or both.  And I'll likely have an appointment with a rheumatologist. 

I had to take Bron with me to Bertie's speech therapy.  Usually my MiL watches her, but she was with Grandma.  Aaron was going to come home to watch her, but then he went to be with grandma too (we thought the end was more eminent than it was).  The therapist has a dog, in a kennel.  The dog barked, Brony cried, which made the dog bark, which made her cry.  Eventually, the dog got moved to another room, then Bronwyn did ok. 

Anyway, it's been a rough day.  Tomorrow I need to go to the DMV to renew my license, because it expires on Thursday.  I don't usually procrastinate on things, but the time got away from me.  Then I need to go get my crown in the afternoon, and my yearlong tooth saga will be done (I hope). 

No comments:

Post a Comment