Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Always catching up

Grandma passed away a week ago (last Tuesday), 6 days before her 95th birthday.  It still doesn't feel real.  We (the extended family) have been hanging out at her house a lot.  When I walk down there, I suddenly remember that she's not there.  Her memorial (and interment) are on Saturday.  Bertram is having a hard time.  He doesn't want to talk about her, or his feelings, at all.  I do try to talk to him periodically.  If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear it.

I had my first acupuncture appointment yesterday.  And (surprisingly?) my back is feeling a bit better today.  My elbow has been hurting for a few months, and I thought it was tendinitis.  But I think/worry it's more arthritis.  Actually, now any joint pain makes me concerned about my bones.  (My ankles were hurting this morning).  I know my bone density and calcium are good.  But I'm prone to worry.  Also, I'd love for my body to function properly.  I miss being able to run.  I may see if there is some yoga I can do.  Or water aerobics was also suggested.
Apparently, I get yearly colonoscopies now.  I'm doing mine in early July.  My tummy has been having some twinges of pain off and on.  So I guess it's good.  But having to do the prep every year, ugh. 

Bron is finally feeling better.  She had a slight reaction to the ammox, a flat rash.  The doctor said that 10% of kids get a non-allergic rash.  She's been a good sleeper and napper as of late (knock on wood).  She is starting to make 2 and 3 word sentences.  She loves music (wheels on the bus, baby shark, etc).  She is adding in a few more signs (mostly "please").  She knows a few letters and numbers and shapes.  She is very dramatic when she's upset.  That toddler melt to the floor thing.  But usually she's good spirited.

Bertram has been into the Hilo book series.  He likes reading but graphic novels specifically.  He asks what words mean when he doesn't know.  He has an amazing memory.  He was telling me something in the car on Sunday, and I wasn't understanding.  Once I got more information, I learned he was telling me about one of the campaign adds, from last November!  He's doing well at speech therapy.  He is starting to draw more people. 
"This is me walking a dog"

No comments:

Post a Comment