Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Day 198 or Misadventures in flu shots

 On Labour Day, we drove to get flu shots from the drive thru flu clinic at Kaiser. But it was closed.  Aaron can't get a flu shot yet, as he is in a Covid study. Today (because Bertram is on Fall break) the two kids  and I went to get flu shots this morning.  They were both unhappy, of course.  Bert more so, Bron just whined "I don't want a shot".  So we drove down, and got in the very long line that looped back and forth in the parking lot.  After about 20 minutes, I needed to pee.  At 30 minutes I was feeling desperate.  I was lamenting this to my sister, and she suggested using a diaper.  I thought that might work.  So, I clandestinely arranged the diaper in my pants (while in the car, in the line), but I couldn't do it.  Have to ever tried to wet your pants?  As much as I had to go, I couldn't.  Then, around the 40 minute mark (we were probably still 15-20 minutes away from getting shots) Bertram declared that he needed to pee, real bad, and couldn't wait.  I offered him the diaper, but he refused (as I assumed her would).  So when we could reach an exit (as we were trapped in the middle of parking lot rows most of the time), I drove out.  I wanted to cry, but I didn't.  It was very frustrating to wait that long with nothing to show. We drove across the street and used Rite-Aid's bathroom.   (And then bought something, because it's the right thing to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment