Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, September 24, 2022

We all March on.

 Things went well with the surgeon.  The prognosis is very good.  The cancer is small.  The surgeon expects the surgery will take about an hour.  Her surgery will be at the end of October.  So she'll still be able to come to visit in a week and a half.

Oddly enough, my dad is having surgery on the same day.  His is much more complex and will take a lot longer.   

I went back to the dentist for my cleaning and crown installation.  The cleaning was fine.  Surprisingly, there were no glaring issues.  The crown wasn't quite right.  It needed to be about a millimeter longer.  So it got sent back to the lab.  It was supposed to e ready on Thursday, but the lab was running behind, so I'm going back on Tuesday.

Bertram's first soccer lesson wasn't great.  He spent a lot of time complaining.  But the lessons have gotten progressively better.  I think he would be good on a running team.  I may need to try to find one.  I signed him up for some yoga/mindfulness classes.  He didn't like it at all.  But he has three more, because I already paid for them.   

Bron had a cough, starting last Saturday.  So she was out of school on Monday and Tuesday.  She still has a lingering cough, but no more fever, and she's not feeling poorly anymore.

Bron had her first ballet/tap class last week.  She really likes it.  She isn't meant to be a dancer, but that's ok.  She's not the best listener.  

Aaron was going to go on the cub scout campout with Bronwyn, and possibly Bertram.  But it's while my mom is here.  Apparently, he said I was going to go too.  When he told me, I asked if he was joking.  I do not camp.  I like being outside, but at the end of the day I want my bed, and indoor plumbing.  They might not be going.  I'm not sure if they'll go.  I won't be going.

I donated whole blood last Sunday.  Nothing too interesting about that.  It went fine, without issue.

On Monday, I'm going to Rosh Hashana services with my dad.  I'm thinking about Judaism again.  I'm not too interested in organized religion in general, but I want to have somewhere to hang my hat, so to speak.

I can't think of much else for now.  Here are pictures from the last week or so.


Playing chess, and acorns.

On a hike

Reading after school

Ready for her first dance class

I can't remember where we were going.  He was all dressed as a Pokémon trainer.

First week of soccer.

When she wasn't feeling well.

Bertram had to do another self portrait.  He had to bring this one home as well.  But he persevered, and did the assignment without much complaining.  His perfectionism came into play a bit, but not nearly as bad as the first portrait.

He drew this hedgehog.  It might be my favourite drawing of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment