Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, October 22, 2022

End of October

Aaron fixed my shift key!

 We all successfully got our flu shots. Aaron and Bron had to wait for an hour. Bert and I went to a different Kaiser, and only waited five minutes. Bert didn't do well, which I expected. Though, he told me I wasn't going to have to pin him down.  We all have our covid booster appointments as well. So we're ready for Winter.

Mom and I had fun while she was here. We just have a good time doing normal things, and hanging out. We cleaned out my closet, and went through both kids shoes and Bronwyn's clothes. She got home safely, though she got Bertram's cold. Somehow, the rest of us avoided it.




I tried to donate platelets again, but my hemoglobin was still too low.  Boo.

Bertram had a long writing assignment this week. A narrative about Pokemon. I had to do the usual of micromanaging him while he wrote. Otherwise, he wRiTes Like THis.  So I had to keep reminding him to do lower case.  His teacher is very much about "third grade standards" which means not wrinkled work, and neat writing. Both are challenging for him. But it's good, because he needs that. She is really on top of things, I like her a lot. We did probably 50 minutes one night, and 45ish the second night. He did really well on night two, he did much better staying on task. (ASD+ADHD is a challenge, so we work hard). 



Rough draft and final

Bronwyn had her walk a thon last Friday. She trudged a long. We came to cheer her on, and her face lit up when she saw us. The night of the walk a thon was the school's fall festival. The kids had fun at that. Bert did a spin art and got a snow cone, Bron decorated a pumpkin and got cotton candy. We walked to and from the school each time, so I had a lot of steps that day. 



She won the ring toss game

It's getting time to put Fiona down. She's getting less continent. She isn't able to jump up anymore, and she can't hear much. She's super thin and doesn't like to eat. We've been feeding her cat food, because that's the only thing she'll eat consistently. But neither of us want to make the move to put her down. She 17, and her quality of life is low.

Yesterday Bronwyn said she wanted to go to the mall with cotton candy. There is a robot vending machine that makes cotton candy (fresh) at Eastridge.  From the time her got up she kept asking how long til she could get cotton candy. So while Bert (and I) went to soccer, Aaron and Bron drove to the mall for the express purpose of getting cotton candy. Aaron didn't realize that the machine didn't give change, so I also got a cotton candy. After that we got lunch at McDonald's (kids' choice) and Aaron and I went to Outrageous Outgrowns. We didn't get many clothes this time, but we got a lot of books, and one puzzle. I took a nap.





Earlier this week, Bertram pulled the towel rack out of the wall and took some of the dry wall too. Aaron spent some time fixing that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment