Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Hello Fall

 It finally feels like fall.  We had a decent amount of hot days through half of October.  But now it's finally in the 60's during the days.  Aaron took all the window fans down today.  And we've started using the heat.


Both of my parents had surgery on October 27th.  Both went well.  Mom's was quick, everything went as it should, there were no surprises.  Now we're just waiting for the biopsy results.  Dad's proctectomy went well, too.  He's having a much harder recovery.  Issues with his stomach, issues peeing.  He got to go home on Monday, but he's not feeling great.  Even though it was laparoscopic it's still major surgery.  

On the Friday before Halloween the high school near our house hosted a Trunk or Treat for the neighbourhood.  The kids enjoyed that.  Usually the school in just a bother (it's a very expensive private girls' high school), but this is probably the best event they've hosted.

The church was having its Trunk or Treat on Saturday, but it was the same time as Michael's birthday.  Aaron was pretty bummed, as the chili cookoff returned for the first time since the pandemic.  I was bummed too.  That's like the one thing I like attending at the church.  I think the kids' program is coming up, so I'll probably have to go to that.  The birthday party was fine.  The kids had fun, which is the important thing.

On Sunday we got a new tv.  Target had a pretty good sale on a bigger tv than our current one.  And it was time to replace it.  $200 later we were set up..

Monday was Halloween.  Bert was a crewmate from Among Us (some video game), and Bron was a unicorn (for the second time).  First we had the halloween parade at Bronwyn's school, then we went to Bert's school and watched his parade. In the afternoon, I volunteered in Bertram's class while they decorated cookies and pumpkins.  We went Trick or Treating fairly early, 5:30 or so.  Aaron was grumpy that we were the first one's out, I'm not sure why.  Bronwyn just did our street, Bertram went a little further.  They got plenty of candy.  We handed out some, there weren't a ton of kids.  We left the bowl on the porch at the end of the night, and it was empty in the morning, which was fine.  We had plenty of candy without it.



Bertram's school picture came back too




On Wednesday, I got my covid booster.  No issues, a quick appointment.  Except my appointment was actually on Tuesday, but they weren't busy, so it wasn't an issue. In the afternoon, Bronwyn had her dance recital.  She was so cute, I was tearing up watching her.  She's not a great dancer, but she enjoyed herself and did her best.


Today I had my long awaited dentist appointment.  I have been having a sporadic toothache for a couple of weeks.  I assumed I'd need a root canal, because that is often the answer.  But the dentist poked, tapped, and x-rayed, and found nothing.  So I'll just live with it, he sad if it gets worse to come back, and he'd look again.  I suppose if it continues, I could go to the doctor and see if they see anything.
The booster really hit me today.  I didn't have any side effects with my other shots, but I'm wiped out, sore, and tired.  It'll be an early night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment