Just the life of any other Rachel

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Mid December

 Everyone has been sick. It started with Bron and went to my MiL and FiL, then Aaron, Bertram, and lastly me.  Aaron has been sick for almost 3 weeks at this point, since Thanksgiving. He still has a cough, but aside from that is nearly back to normal. Bertram has been sick for a week, decent fevers, coughing, stuffy nose. I had it as well, but only had a real fever for a couple days. Now, I'm just run-down, and stuffy. We finally got Bert in to see the doctor today, and it looks like it's the flu. Even though we all got our shots, we got it anyway (for the first time ever). He has to be 24 hours fever free before returning to school. So hopefully he can return on Tuesday.

So Bertram was home all last week. Aaron was WfH all last week. Bron went to school at usual.  I worry Bertram will have a hard time catching up, as school work isn't his forte to start with. We've been working in his math book, and online program. But we have a lot of writing to do, which is his weak point. He missed a lot of fun stuff too, his last anime drawing class, the regular art class, science at school, his class musical performance, the book fair. It was not a great week to be sick, though, there is rarely a good time to be sick. 

Bronwyn had her book fair this week as well, and enjoyed getting new books, she chose one for Bert too, which is really nice. She had her musical performance as well.  A little holiday musical. I couldn't go, I was sick, and I needed to stay with sick Bertram. Aaron took her. And everything was too different: school at night (especially school at night), no backpacks, parents being there. She ended up not participating, and sat in the audience instead.

Waffles got spayed at the beginning of the month. She still has her cone on. She hates it, but is navigating a little better.

Monty is still being a good boy. His first training class on Saturday.



I finished the subway quilt, but I hated the binding, so I tore it off, and need to buy a new one.

I'm slowly getting the quilting done on my sister's quilt. I am doing some by hand, much to me chagrin. But the quilt is so large, it's very hard to maneuver in the machine, and my machine is running a little loudly. I think we need to get it looked at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment