Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The weekly update

The natural eating went pretty well.  I think I'm going to try to continue.  It just takes a lot of planning.  And a lot of reading: looking for recipes, checking out ingredients, some nutritional-type research, etc.  I did it Monday-Friday evening.  On Friday we had a work outing, so yeah.  Then today I didn't eat clean.  I just needed a break.  That sounds stupid, oh well.   I think if I continue it, I'll need to do some cooking on the weekend, make ahead meals and freezer meals.  But I don't have the energy today.

 Plus I'm teaching in Relief Society tomorrow.  A stupid, jokey comment was made about a homeless member last week, it really rubbed me the wrong way.  I'm not really sure what to do though.  I should have just said something right then, instead of being silent.

I finally got a call from the LDS counseling services.  And I have an appointment on Wednesday.  So we'll see how that goes.  It's $50 a visit, which leads into the next topic...

Money, and how we have none.  We're already a month behind in rent.  And Aaron told his folks that we'll be unable to pay until he has a job (it's nice to have family as landlords).  I did the math yesterday, and even if we had (and kept) a very tight budget we're still about $150 short of what we need each month with what I earn.  Our "savings" (if you can call them that) are dwindling quickly.  But Aaron has some good job things on the horizon, and he may be able to work some jobs with his dad.  It's just scary.  And certainly doesn't help with depression and anxiety.  

No comments:

Post a Comment