Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, March 17, 2014

The days blur together.

Today was pretty good.  Nothing really stands out, but little Bertie wasn't super fussy, and he ate well.

We had an appointment with the lactation consultant today.  Bertie was/is doing really well with breastfeeding.  I already knew he was getting plenty of milk, because he's gaining weight, and going through diapers like crazy.  But the latch was really painful, and even when his latch was good, it would get smaller over time, and more painful.  The appointment was supposed to be yesterday, or so I thought.  But it was actually scheduled for the following Saturday.  I showed up, found out I didn't have an appointment.  But they scheduled me for Sunday, so it worked out ok.

It's now the next day.

Bertie is sleeping for now, but he'll wake up again soon.

The lactation appointment went well.  He weighs 5lb 11.9oz.  He's gaining well, and he ate 2 oz during the appointment.  They gave me some pointers about my sore nipples.  He also got ok'd for a bottle for expressed milk, since we're still finger feeding.  I think once he wakes up, and I feed him, we'll go to Target and find the bottle.

It was the first time I'd taken him out by myself.  It was fine, except carrying the stupid car seat.  I'm not going to do that again.  That thing is too heavy and cumbersome.  I'll either carry him, or bring the Moby.  I don't know why anyone does that.

Last night was a bad night.  I ended up taking Bertie into the guest room with me to sleep, because he was so fussy (and Aaron's back at work, as of today). I set up the co-sleeper, but every time I put him in it he started screaming.  So he ended up sleeping on my chest all night.  I don't really mind too much, except I don't want to train him to sleep that way.  He's currently sleeping in the bassinet, so that's a good sign.

A couple days ago, I went out by myself for the first time since Bertie was born.  I just went to Target and Big Lots, but it was really freeing.  How silly is that?

Today I fed Bertie in the parking lot outside my psychiatrist's office.  That was interesting, but it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment