Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

All about Bertie (Mostly)

Time is flying by.  Bertie is over 7 lbs now.  I've mostly been letting him lead the feedings.  (We were told, once he was 8lbs, I could let him lead the feedings).  But, I've mostly been letting him do it, I still set the alarm at night. I think he should be pretty close the 8 by now.  He's gaining 1-2 oz per day.  I think on Saturday I'll stop setting the alarm.  Maybe he'll sleep 4-5 hours at a time.  We've been using bottles for expressed milk, and pacifiers on occasion.

Nursing has been going well.  No more pain, and he's getting lots to eat.

Bertram's witching hour is right when I want to go to bed.  He's really fussy starting around 10 or 11, and continues til 2.  He's been doing a little better the past couple nights.  We've been using gripe water and gas drops. He still ends up in bed with me at night, but usually after a feeding, where we both fall asleep.

I've been having a lot of fun with my mom being here.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do when she goes back home.  It's great having her help, I can get things done, and Bertie gets to spend time with Nana.  She been helping me clean and organize.  We've been going "shopping" most days.  Not really to buy things, mostly to get our steps in, and get out of the house.  But we've bought a few things, and she's gotten things for me and baby.

We've been using all cloth diapers.  No issues with those, except that it hasn't been warm enough to line dry.
Now some other stuff.   I finally finished our taxes, and we owe $2500.  Yikes, how did that happen?!   On top of that, there was a mix up with Aaron's student loads and they deducted $1500 from our account.  And my disability payments haven't started yet.  And rent is due!  So we'll have to put off rent for a while, and hopefully make payments for the tax bill.  Aaron's loan stuff will be corrected, but it's going to take 4-6 weeks.  If it comes to it, we can borrow money from my dad.  Everything stacked up at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment