Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, April 21, 2014

The view from here.

More of the same around here.  Still trying to get into a routine, now that my mom is gone.  Bertie is really fighting sleep at night now.  Actually, he fights sleeping in his own bed.  He loves sleeping in bed with us.  We've become accidental, part-time co-sleepers.  I always make sure to put him to sleep in his bassinet, which is a huge challenge in itself.  Nights are hard, and stressful.  Aaron needs to sleep, and I don't need to sleep by any specific time.  So usually I need to try to get him down four or five times, before he'll settle.  Then he'll wake up between 2 and 3, and I have to settle him again after he eats.  When he wakes up around 5 or 6, I just leave him in bed with me.  (Aaron changes all night-time diapers, it's my way of sharing the burden of waking up).  I do kind of enjoy co-sleeping, but it still makes me nervous.  We're both heavy sleepers, I worry about squishing the baby.

Breastfeeding is still going well.  He's a good eater, and I'm a good milk maker.  I'm not shy about feeding him in public. Especially if it's hot.  I tend not to bother with the cover (especially since I'm usually hot).  I usually wear it more for those around me, rather than myself.  At this point, boobs are no longer sexual, but rather a means to feed the boy, so I feed him when he wants.  I use the cover at church, and when my in laws are around (well, male in-laws).

Bertie likes baths.  They seem to calm him down.  Yesterday, I took a bath with him.  It was his first time in the tub (instead of the sink).  He had a really good time.  And he's surprisingly buoyant.  I'd lay him on his back, and he'd practically float.  He did pee in the water, but that's fine, it dilutes.  I was concerned about him pooping, but he didn't.  It was a good experience, so we'll likely do it again.

I thought there was more I was going to say, but I can't think of it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment