Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, May 8, 2014

A near perfect day

Today has been pretty close to perfect; with the exception that I've hardly seen Aaron.

Bertie and I got up at 9am.  We hung out with Aaron for about 45 minutes.  Aaron left for work, and Bertie went back to sleep.  I got some chores done.  When Bertie woke up we did some grocery shopping.  I got lunch at Jack in the Box on the way home.  (Usually, by the time I'm hungry, Bertie will be endlessly fussy, so I eat when I get the chance). I ate in the car in the parking lot, since I figured he'd wake up once we got in the house.  But, once we got home I set his carseat on the floor, and he stayed asleep for 2.5 hours!  So I got more chores done.  When Bertie woke up we were going to go for our walk, but the jogging stroller (which I was ready to tryout) had a flat tire.  I got the bike pump out, but it wouldn't inflate.  I took the wheel apart, and the inner tube was split.  I loaded baby into the car, and we went to the local bike shop.  They got me fixed up.  Baby and I went for a walk; we didn't jog much, I was pretty tired.  I ate dinner, then left Bertie with Aaron's folks so I could walk the dogs and shower.  After that I fed Bertie, he fell asleep before 8:30, so I put him to bed.

Things I did today:
changed and laundered all the linens
washed all clothes except diapers (I did those yesterday) and folded everything
Swept
Cleaned the sink
gave the baby a bath
Cleaned Bertie's closet
Found new homes for some of Aaron's things (places around the house, since a lot was still in Bertram's room)
Bought groceries
Bought new underwear for Aaron
Took out all the garbage and recycling
Exercised
Scooped the cat boxes

It was a good day.  I only wish Aaron were around, and Bertie were awake a little more.  He was very sleepy today.  He must be growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment