Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Saturday Night.

I'm sitting here by myself.  Bertie was feeling extra tired and went to sleep around 8:30.  And Aaron's gone out birthday shopping for me.  So here I sit.  I shut the tv off, and an just enjoying the quiet.

Last night turned into a co-sleeping night.  Aaron brought Bertie in to bed, so I could feed him.  And we both fell asleep.  This happens sometimes unless I make it a point to stay awake, or I feed him on the sofa. (I usually only do the latter when I need to pump as well).

I think I've become boring since becoming a mom.  I don't go anywhere interesting.  I've given up on most of my hobbies for now too.  I have a quilt that is nearly done that I haven't touched in months.  Every time I pick up a book, Bertie needs something.  And once he's in bed, I'm usually too tired to do anything but watch tv, or play with my phone.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not bored.  While I miss doing the things I want, I really enjoy what I am doing: being with my son, bonding with him, giving him nourishment from my own body.  (On that subject, I've been really happy with how easily breastfeeding has been.  He still has a great latch, I have plenty of milk for him (and lots sorted up for later). And he is doing great on mama's milk alone.  Hopefully we won't have to use formula at all).

There are lots of things I should/could be doing.  Putting laundry away, cleaning the kitchen, starting to get my stuff together for my trip (in two days!!!) etc.  But I'm going to enjoy my quiet time.

I've been doing the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge for 16 days now.  Yesterday was a weigh in, measure and picture day.  I was really sad to see I'd only lost 1 pound.  But I was pretty please with the measurements.  All the numbers were lower (aside from my bust, which had no change), and in the pictures I could see some difference in my belly.  Plus my pants are starting to feel less snug.  I'm going to keep up with it, and hopefully there will be more changes in the future!  (I think Tuesday, I'll need to get up early so I can exercise before we fly, since we doing get in til 10:30).

No comments:

Post a Comment