Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sailing along.

I think we're getting into a good rhythm.  Until today.

Our usual day goes something like this: Get up around 9, feed Bertie, feed me.  We play, sing, read until 10:30 or 11, then he goes to sleep for a couple hours.  I either get stuff done around the house, nap, or get ready for the day.  He wakes up around 12:30 or 1, he eats, and we get ready to do whatever we're going to do (go out and walk, go to the mall to walk, grocery, etc).  He sleeps while we do whatever we're doing.  He'll have short periods of awake time, but mostly sleeps.  In the evening, around 7 he'll have another hour of awake time, then off to bed as close to 10 as possible.

Today we got up around 9.  He dozed during his usual awake time.  We went to a Diaper Day movie (Bears), which started at 11:45.  When we were leaving he was awake.  He always falls asleep in the car, so I was surprised when we got to the theater and he was wide awake!  I put him in the Moby wrap, and he slept for about 45 minutes, and was then awake and a little fussy for the rest of the movie.  He slept on the car ride home, but then was awake. I fed him, and put him to bed.  He slept for 30 minutes and then started screaming.  I got him out, and cuddled him.  He fell right to sleep.  So I put him back, he woke up and started crying again.  He stayed awake all afternoon.  We went on a walk with Aaron and the dogs (he was in the stroller), and he stayed up the whole time.  Around 6, he started crying, so I set him in his swing, and he slept for an hour.  He woke up long enough for me to change his diaper, and put him back in the stroller, so I could get my exercise.  That was around 7, and he's been asleep since.  It's 10 now, so I'm going to change him, and hopefully that will wake him enough to eat, and then go back to sleep.  

========================

Just put him to bed. Hopefully he'll stay down.  Watching on the monitor, all looks good.

Yesterday we went for our walk on Lincoln Avenue.  There are no public bathrooms on Lincoln Ave.  I was about to explode, so I ended up at Jack in the Box.  It wouldn't have been my first choice for lunch or restrooms, but I used it for both.  After we'd resumed our walked, Bertie was hungry.  So I sat on a bench to feed him, and used my cover.  Whilst feeding him, a man stopped to talk to me, he asked how I liked pumping.  I told him I didn't mind it.  He said his wife hated pumping.  I found it odd, as no one has stopped to talk to be while breastfeeding.  And I assumed it would have been a woman who did.  So props to that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment