Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Things in general

Aaron has been gone for work training all week (in the mountains of New Mexico).  He'll be back on Saturday night.  Flying solo all week has not been the easiest thing.  I think Bertie only had to co-sleep one night so far.  For the most part, he's been behaving.  But I don't get any alone time, unless he's sleeping, or I give him to my in-laws for a few minutes.  He's also starting to teethe, so he's been a little grumpier than usual.  But he's also started giggling this week.  He's only done it a couple times, but it is the sweetest thing in the world.

I started up with exercise again this week.  I'm repeating week four of the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge.  I started in it Virginia (twice), but got sick.  But I'm back on track now.  The gal who runs it says to have a piece of clothing to try of periodically to use as a marker.  I have a pair of size 10 trouser shorts.  They used to fit comfortably about a year ago.  Now I can get them halfway up my thighs.  But I will make progress.  I haven't been counting calories this week.  I'm going to start that on Monday.  I didn't want to try to do too much at once, especially when I'm by myself.

We've been putting Bertie in paper diapers at night for a while now.  I went to Target to buy a new pack, since we only have a couple left.  Holy Cow!  I don't know what more people don't cloth diaper. Paper diapers are so expensive!  If you were doing that and formula feeding it would cost a fortune.

My in-laws 50th anniversary is tomorrow.  Sophie is throwing a big party for them on Saturday.  (It says Aaron and I are also hosting it on the invite.  But really it's all her.  I just follow directions).  Aaron is, unfortunately, going to miss the party.  Unless he gets out of the training earlier and can catch an earlier flight, but it's unlikely.

My disability has run out.  I have $250 left in that account.  I think I'll go next week and withdraw all of it.  So we'll be a bit strapped for the month of July.  I'm scheduled to go back to work on August 1st.  I need to send an email to my boss to coordinate my return, figure out scheduling and such.  I'm not looking forward to going into my work email.

No comments:

Post a Comment