Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, January 14, 2016

A fun day

For Christmas Bertie got a 10-visit pass to Billy Beez.  We went for the first time today.  We got there a few minutes after it opened.  He was so excited, and was pulling me to go in, while we were waiting in line.  We got our wrist bands, and went to put the diaper bag in a locker.  Then away we went.  Up and down the ramp, in and out of a million tunnels, over the cargo nets, and down various slides.  I'm short enough, that I could follow him all around without having to duck.  But I'm guessing I'll be sore tomorrow.  The slides were really fast, he went down most of them on my lap.  We played from 10-11:30 then had a snack, then played more.

Around 12:30 he said wanted lunch, so we left (we had re-entry in case we wanted to go back).  This was the first day I ditched the stroller, and tried out his baby leash.  It was not a success.  He tried to wander away, and then just laid on the floor and asked to me carried.  He's getting heavy! (Almost 25 lbs).  He said he wanted cheese for lunch.  I thought we'd go to Hot Dog on a Stick.  They have cheese on a stick, and veggie hot dogs.  But when we got to the food court, it was gone.  (I just looked at the mall's website, and it moved, really close to where we were.  D'oh!)  We walked back, and went to the bakery, and got cheese bread.

He was about done after lunch.  We headed home.  I put him down, and he fell asleep really fast.  I did some dinner prep, and mostly watched SVU.

When he got up, we watched Thomas the Train (I hate that show).  And played for a bit, before going to visit grandpa, while I finished dinner.  After we all ate, we all played together in the living room. It was a pretty nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment