Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Isolation day 1 & 2

Day 1:

We went on our walk, and did school work.  Bertram had his normal speech therapy. Aaron and I ordered sandwiches for lunch (He's home for the foreseeable future as well, but is working from home).  This was the last day our library was open, so I went and returned our books, and checked out about 50.  Aaron went to Trader Joe's for my dad.  The line was out the door and around the corner, but they still had some food left. I started a new puzzle.

 Day 2:


(This was technically the first real day of isolation, per the city/county/state instruction.  For the next three weeks we are all to stay at home as much as possible, and only leave for essentials (having to work, groceries, medicine, gasoline etc).  Most food places are open for drive thru, pick up or delivery.  There is no dine in, all non-essential businesses are closed for the next three weeks: clothing stores, movie theatres, salons, etc.  I'm not sure how those businesses or their workers will survive. Aaron and I have been trying to order food a little more often, to help with commerce.  People can go on walks and be outside, but need to remain 6ft+ from non-household members.)

We read Tango Makes Three.  (This was by design, as a few weeks ago Bertram said boys can't marry boys (I don't know why he decided that)). So we talked about different types of families, and what makes a family.  We did 2 math sheets.  That day his teacher sent optional lesson plans we could follow (which is awesome, because I suck at that).  He did an online unit about spiders, and finished a k'nex ferris wheel with Aaron (I need a picture of that).  I pulled some weeds in between rain systems.  Bertram, Bron, Fiona and I went for a walk.  Bertram and I (mostly me) baked cookies.  
Bron has continued her usual routine, for the most part.  Everyone has been having a little more screen time.  
We had dinner down the street with Aaron folks, for Saint Patrick's' day.  I'm not sure if we should continue to visit, as they are not following the city/county/state mandate and are going out just for fun.  They are in the more susceptible group, as am I.  I'd like to follow the rules and stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment