Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, March 23, 2020

Day 8

Our first week went ok, I suppose.  We were finally able to get a pack of toilet paper. 

Here's what we've been up to:

  • Near daily dog walks
  • Lots of weeding for me (it's not my "me time")
  • School at home (which is difficult)
  • Home Made mint chip ice cream (because we had cream that needed to be used).
  • Then we had egg whites left over from said ice cream, so I made macarons.  I was going to do two batches, but I ran out of almond flour.  So I did these chocolate meringue cookies with the other three egg whites.
  • We've watched a lot of tv and movies.  We've watched several Disney movies that were new to the kids.  And some Simpsons episodes too.
  • I made the kids play outside.
  • I washed and dried an orange crayon.  I had to look up how to clean the dryer.  Then how to fix the clothes.  The clothes came out pretty good.  A few little spots, but nothing too noticeable.  
  • Reading a lot of books with the kids.  Bron loves being read to, and Bert does a lot of reading on his own (though, also still likes being read to).  I've been slogging through The Wasp Factory.  I'm not liking it, but I only have like 30 pages left.  I've started listening to audio books as week.
  • Bertram and I have been doing to draw along with Mo Willems.  That's been very enjoyable.
  • Yesterday afternoon it rained quite a lot.  Both kids wanted to go play in the puddles.  Bertram lasted approximately 3 seconds before there was water on his socks.  But I had to bribe Brony to get her back in the house.  She has so much fun, and didn't care that she was sopping wet.
Today starts week 2.  We've been sick with little things: cold symptoms, low fevers for the kids.  Not likely covid, since that requires an actual fever (to my knowledge).  I've been miffed because Aaron's folks are not following the social distancing protocol.  They are in the "elderly" group.  But they still have been going out, just to run to the store for non-urgent/needed things, have had people over, have been to others houses... Between my weakened immune system, and the kids having cold/fever stuff, we've been trying to keep our distance.  But my FiL keeps popping by to borrow things, or bring the kids a treat.  I'm very prickly about the whole thing.

Pictures from the week:










Orange crayon.

Ugly tasty cookies

Draw with Mo Willems



Bertram's hasty retreat from the rain.



No comments:

Post a Comment