Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mr Kitteh, etc

So it's official, Mr Diamond Jim will be here in less than a week.  I feel bad for him, he's flying out of Las Vegas (after the drive from Kanab), off to Houston, then on to San Jose.  We'll pick him up at Continental Cargo on December 22nd.  The adoption coordinator said he really hates being in the carrier.  Poor guy, it's a long trip.

After he gets acclimated, we have to start introducing him (slowly) to the other guys.  It's going to be interesting, I'm sure.

I can't remember if I mentioned before that he's free.  Since he's a senior (he's 11) there's no adoption fee.  And since it's Christmas, they're waiving the flight fee.

In other news, my sleep in still broken.  Last night (well, a few hours ago), I fell asleep at 9:15 (without drugs) because I slept so poorly the previous night.  But then I woke up at 12:45ish.  And now it's 1:40, and I'm wide awake.  I guess I'll take Ambien tomorrow to try to get back on track.  Yeesh.  Drugs run my life.

I was talking to my sister last night (I think I talked to her every day this week, she's pretty much my best friend, after Aaron).  We were talking about adoption, and she was looking up prices for me.  I had no clue international adoption was $40k+.  It seems kind of unfair, that you have these kids/babies, that are basically unwanted, yet it costs so much to bring them home.  Then I went on to say that it was (still further) unfair, since with my insurance it would cost $1200 to "make my own baby, were I able".  Later I was talking to Aaron about it, and said, "It could be 10 years before we get a baby".  "Yeah, but think of how well prepared we'll be by then.  Sometimes things don't go as planned".  I added "Well, our plans."  And, oddly enough, tonight I felt ok with that.  It will happen.  We wanted a lot of kids, we didn't want to be "old parents".  But it is what it is.  This isn't to say that tomorrow I won't swing back into a depression, but today, I'm ok with it.

Lately, being sick has made me feel grateful.  It really makes me take stock of what I do have.  So here is a list of what I've been grateful for lately:

  1. Aaron: he's be very patient and extra caring lately.  He takes great care of me.
  2. Diamond Jim: still not sure why this old, less healthy kitty is supposed to be part of our family, but he's on his way.
  3. Health Insurance: I have really good health insurance, good doctors who reply to my emails, and access to medicine I couldn't otherwise afford.
  4. Chex Muddy Buddies: Just yummy.
  5. A Christmas tree with lots of gifts underneath.
  6. Prayer
  7. Two working cars (one has almost 200k miles on it!)
  8. Snuggly Moss cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment