Just the life of any other Rachel

Friday, December 30, 2011

Ending the year

The sleep training has been going surprisingly well.  It's been very easy, actually.  After the first night, where I didn't sleep much, they've all been good.  I fall asleep between 10:30 and 11.  And set the alarm everyday for 7am.  That's really the hard part.  I want to stay in bed and keep sleeping.  But I know if I do that, I won't sleep the next night.  The only trouble I had was yesterday.  I took a Benedryl, because I had a sore throat.  It knocked me out hard, and I could not wake up the next day.  I think I slept til 9.  But it (fortunately) didn't ruin anything.  And I've been Ambien free for almost 2 weeks!
 
My stomach has been acting up off and on..  Nothing like before, but still not great.  I'm beginning to think my Crohns might be chronic.  Boo.  But it is, what it is.  Starting on January 1st, I'm going on a sugar fast. Probably just for a week, maybe longer.  I've just been eating way too much junk.  And I don't moderate well, so it's just easier to say none.
 
We don't have any New Years plans.  We got invited to a couple of parties, but I'm not much of a party person.  Plus driving on New Years makes me nervous.
 
All of the animals are doing well.  They get a little closer to each other everyday.  I hope the catties might be snuggle friends someday.
 
I was thinking back on my resolutions for 2011.  Most of them didn't happen, but mostly due to my getting sick, not being lazy.  I wanted to run a half marathon.  I got really good with running, til I got sick.  I wanted to have more sex, again, good til I got sick.  I wanted to get pregnant: see previous.  I wanted to go to the temple 12 times, I think we went 10.  We did read scriptures together everyday.  So that resolution got kept.  Yay!
 
For 2012 these are my resolutions:
  • Personal scripture study daily (along with "family" scripture study)
  • Get back into running (as far as Crohns will allow)
  • Eat less junk, and more natural foods
  • Walk the doggies daily
  • Start the adoption process (assuming Aaron has a job by the end of the year)
  • Cook something new once a month
  • Read at least 50 books (keep track with GoodReads)

That's all I can think of for the time being.

1 comment:

  1. Well well well, look who has landed on blogspot. I didn't realize how long it had been since I'd visited xanga til I found you here and seen all the posting you'd been up to. I can't believe you're regulating your own sleep! My bro has crohns and I know he's been on ambien for years. Props to you girlfriend. Looks like I've missed quite a bit so brace yourself for a super comment. The FIV kitty, don't really know where he came from but I know all about FIV kitties because we almost got one. Then a stray appeared and that's who we have now. I love a good rescue story though so I hope he's doing well at your place. He has a cool squatty look about him.
    Also I read briefly about your adoption plans and the part about it costing 40k. It is true it does cost that much but honestly HONESTLY you'd be floored to see how many people do it and just make it happen.
    When I think about the literal costs it astounds me but everything is due in pieces and somehow the money is there when you need it. Also there are loans and grants and good people out there who want to help but not necessarily adopt. I know multiple families who are living off one like nurses income and adopting multiple children at once. I can't imagine how they're putting it all together but it comes together and they bring their babies home. Anyway I just wanted to take a moment and say if you're feeling moved in that direction don't let the cost scare you. The lord doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called.

    ReplyDelete