Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Feeling like a sad sack today.  I haven't been feeling well lately, which is part of it.  The other part is wrapping my head around the possibility probability that we will never have biological kids.  I'd always assumed we had bio and adopted kids.  I guess that's what I guess for assuming.  Most of the times I've come to accept that fact. That we'll be old parents, that our kid(s) won't have our genes, that our family will likely be a lot smaller than either of us had hoped.  Our kid(s) will also cost a lot more money.

I really don't like it when people say "You're still young, you have lots of time!"  I'm not that young.  And the Crohns isn't getting under control, so it's not looking good.  Ugh, I just hate that; it's so pandering.

My doctor suggested switching drugs, since the Entocort is not working super great.  The next step is Humira, an injectable drug.  I think it's going to be very expensive though.  That's a factor, since I have to be able to afford it.  Someone I know, he husband has Crohns and was on Humira, it was $2500 per dose after insurance!  Yeah, I can't afford that.  Guess I'll have to wait and see how much it will cost, then make a decision.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know the specifics, but Humira definitely has a cost-control program (for un or underinsured). Many of the cost-prohibitive drugs have them, and from my experience the drug companies are very willing to work with patients if you are willing to jump through the hoops. I've been pleasantly surprised multiple times.

    ReplyDelete