Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, January 30, 2012

Words from the docs

My GI wants me to try the 6MP for another month, since it's only been 2.5 weeks.  At that point, he said, we can switch to Humira if it's still no bueno.

My shrink called me today.  I sent him an email since I've been feeling so crappy.  He want me to try to stay with the Prozac for another month, but to double the dose (up to 40mg a day).  That's a hefty dose, but not huge.  Patients with really bad depression take 70-80mg daily.  He said it should help with the anxiety, and depression. After a month, if I'm still feeling the same (or God forbid, worse) then we'll try something new.

I've been trying to stay busy, as much as I don't want to be.  After work I bought groceries.  I'm making Aaron a meatloaf as I try this.  Hopefully it'll be good, it's been over 3 years since I made meatloaf, but it smells good.  I'm making oven potatoes to go along.  I thought about baking cookies too, but I don't think I will tonight.  Maybe tomorrow.

I keep thinking about chopping my hair off.  But I decided I need to wait til my head is right before making a decision.

3 comments:

  1. I hope the new amount of meds will work! 40mg doesn't sound like a lot to me. maybe zoloft would work better though? I don't know. I'm praying for you, and I put your name in at the temple this week. I love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoloft works awesome. But it made me staving all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah : /

    also, i think you rock short hair!

    ReplyDelete