Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Political blah-blah.

I don't usually like to post political stuff, especially on Facebook.  It just makes for too much contention.

That being said:

Hi, I'm Rachel, I'm Mormon, and I would not vote for Mitt Romney.

I'm one of the few mormon dissenters.  I like his policies from when he was governor, but I guess those were all errors, and he's learned since then.  :eye roll:

Here is where I stand: If you have more money, you should pay more taxes.  (I'll pay more taxes too, but I don't make much money, so it doesn't amount to much).  Social programs, and lots of em'.  More funding for public education (basic, and higher).  More funding for health services.  A more prevalent socialized medical system.  Pro-choice (that being said, I abhor abortion "just because", but I also don't believe I should get to decide for the whole country).  And, in general, more governmental/business regulation.  

Most of the time I vote Democrat, but I have voted Republican before.  I'm open to it in the future, but not for Mitt.  However, I do think Mitt is infinitely better than Newt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment