Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What has been up

  • Last night I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30. Aaron told me to go to bed at 10.  I slept straight til 8am, when the alarm went off; then snoozed til 8:30.  12 hours?!  Really?!  Oh, and I'm still tired.
  • We worked on a home improvement project yesterday.  Our kitchen doesn't have enough storage, so we've been using an open wood shelf as a pantry.  Yesterday we bought a cabinet from Target.  It was boring white, so I told Aaron, I wanted to paint the doors like Mondrian.  He said ok, but then suggested we use chalkboard paint, and make the doors a message center.  I liked this better.  We also bought an extra shelf from Home Depot, and new pulls, because the ones it comes with are ugly.  I hurt my back helping Aaron move it.  But the first one went together easily, and we liked it, so we went back and bought another.  When Aaron was almost done building it, it fell over, and thus new issues started.  One of the doors folded under, the hinge broke, we had a hard time finding a replacement hinge, blah blah.  It's become a hassle.  But the first cabinet is nearly done.  It needs one more coat of paint.  Yay.
  • I did better after my breakdown day.  Sunday was pretty good.  Stake conference was good.  The agoraphobia is still there, which is hard.  But I muddle through.
  • The other thing we did yesterday was take Zelda to the vet.  She had been limping, so we'd been not walking here much. Then she started yelping, and wincing.  I was worried it would be an ACL, or torn tendon.  But Dr Bath is pretty sure it's hip arthritis, he said we could do an x-ray is we wanted to be certain, but it keeps our cost lower to skip it (for now, at least).  So she got a pain shot, some antinflamitories, and a laser treatment.  It was under $200, which is very good.  But she has to go back for more lasers, for the next few days/couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment