Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, October 12, 2013

A pretty good day.

Last night was the first night I slept with a pillow between my knees for the first time.  My back has started hurting a little.  (Mid back, not lower, which is kind of surprising).  I read that the pillow would help.  When I woke up this morning, no back pain!  Yay.  I slept from 10:30 to 8:30, which was fantastic.

For breakfast I made the Pilsbury cinnamon rolls that have the orange icing.  They were really good.  We started some house chores, and then took my car to the shop.  It was time for an oil change and a 90k mile check up.  We came back home, and did a couple more thing, and then we drove Nonna (the truck) over the hill to Santa Cruz.  Aaron's bio-mom had a post about Stagnaro's earlier this week, on Facebook.  That made me want to go there.  And I somehow convinced Aaron that it would be a good idea.  (He is not a seafood fan, except clam chowder and calamari).  The drive over was easy, and no traffic.

We didn't know that today was the 100th anniversary of the Pier.  So the city was having some event about it with music and a bunch of classic cars.  Some were from 1914; super ornate.  We got into Stagnaro's pretty quickly.  I texted my dad to see if he wanted any food he asked me to bring back cioppino, salad and bread.  I got calamari and chowder, Aaron got a burger and chowder.  (For a seafood place, that was a really good burger)!  After lunch, we stopped at the candy store and got a couple things before heading back over the hill.

We went to my dad's house on the way back, to check in on him, and bring him his food.  His prednisone has been working, and he's been eating a lot.  That's good because he's 6' and was down to 147 lbs. He's mostly been feeling ok, but it still spiking fevers at night.  But he's feeling and looking more peppy.  We ended up staying there for a couple hours.  We always get to chatting.

On the way home, we were going to go to Trader Joes for chili fixins, but decided to go home instead.  I took a nap for a bit.  After that I asked Aaron to drive me to Target.  So we browsed there for a while, and got some stuff.  Then it was time to get my car.

It was about $450, I got an oil change, new engine mount, breaks redone, and the spark plugs etc.  So not too bad.  We stopped by Yogurtland on the way home.  Then took the dogs for a walk.

Now, I'm snuggled on the couch with Julius on my right and Zelda on my left.  They're both snoozing.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment