Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

All Mojo, all the time.

Last night was full of dreams; all of them about Mojo.  I only remember three, but none too specifically.  In one Mojo was a girl.  In one Mojo was a boy.  In one Mojo had non-functioning kidneys and wasn't going to make it.  Ugh.  It was a rough night.

The appointment went fine.  It started half an hour late, but that was the only snag.  Everything looked great.  Kidneys and heart were functioning perfectly.  All the bones were where they should be.  He was moving all around.  And liked having his hands in front of his face.  A lot.  And he's a he; no doubt.  We were both (sort of) secretly hoping for a girl, but I am ecstatic to be having a healthy baby.  I am having a baby!  Aaron and I made him, it's so weird.

He's so tiny.  His head is 4cm in diameter, his little foot in about an inch long. Heart was beating at 144 bpm.  He weighs about 10 oz.  He's measuring 19.5 weeks.   I'm wondering how and when I feel him poking me.  I couldn't feel him moving during the ultrasound, but I can feel him from time to time.

Now we need to think of names we both like.  We have several girls' names we both love.  We have a lot of boys' names we like, but so far, nothing is jumping out at us.  We also won't be sharing the name beforehand.

I'm also trying to gather information about circumcision.  My inclination is to say "no," I don't feel like a tiny baby needs a (mainly) cosmetic surgery.  My dad said he would say no.  And if he and my mom had had boys, he wouldn't have circumcised, and he's Jewish.  I know my mom is for it, because she says it's cleaner.  The American Academy of Pediatrics is for it, which holds a lot of weight.  So I need to research more.

1 comment:

  1. The circumcision question is one of the main reasons I'm glad we didn't have a boy first. Need more time to decide how I feel about it. Good luck with making your decision!

    ReplyDelete