Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursday is almost Friday.

It's been a long week.

I got to work early on Monday, 5:50am, instead of 6:30am.  I had a doctor appointment for the baby.  At 6:30 I got a call from my dad, asking if I could drive him to the hospital.  (He also has Crohns, and had been spiking fevers and bleeding for a week).  I told him I was already at work, but I'd call Aaron.  Fortunately, Aaron had brought his phone to bed the night before.  (I'd started bringing mine to bed with me while Aaron was gone all Summer, now it's a habit).  Aaron sprung into action, and took my dad to Good Sam.  Another good thing is Aaron is on salary, and many days does not have a set schedule.  He stayed with my dad in the ER til he was made comfortable, and was all checked in.  Then he did a little running around, and met me at Kaiser for my appt.

My visit was boring.  Except that we got to hear the heartbeat.  That was neat.

After that I went back to work.  Aaron went back to Good Sam to see my dad.  He'd been admitted and was in a room.  He's been there since.  He got blood and plasma yesterday, and blood again today.  Plus they started him on Prednisone again.  The bleeding and fevers have stopped.  They're still working on getting his H and H up.  He was at 9 and 27 today, still too low, but still improving

We've been visiting him everyday.  Today he was asleep, so I didn't stay long.  They think he'll be able to leave tomorrow.

So with all that, I've been especially exhausted this week.  I'm just drained.  Emotionally, and physically.  Stuff at home has been sliding, and I don't have the energy to do it.  I'm glad it's almost the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment