Just the life of any other Rachel

Friday, January 17, 2014

Another catch up...

The great escape:
Last Sunday Julius made a break for it.  He's become a door darter.  When Aaron was letting the dogs back in, Juli slipped out.  We chased him around (think something out of Benny Hill), until he leapt over a fence and disappeared.  We called for him, put food out, I walked around the block looking for him.  And I cried and cried.  I know cats are good at coming back, but the fact that we got him from a shelter gave me pause.  Maybe he wasn't good at finding his way back?  We kept watching for him.  Then around 5 (two hours later) I saw him sauntering across the yard.  I yelled to Aaron and he went out to lure the cat.  The neighbour dog, Guinness, barked, and Juli took off again.  Aaron yell at me to go around to the front.  So I dashed out there, and Aaron had Julius cornered under the truck.  I told him to grab him by any means, so he hooked the collar.  I crawled around and got a good hold on his scruff and pulled him out.  Then I couldn't stand up, because I'm too pregnant to stand up while holding a cat.
Later in the week, Aaron's folks accidentally let him out too.  But they managed to chase him back into the house.
Illness:
On Wednesday, I wasn't feeling well, and ended up only working a half day.  I had sore throat and some kind of head cold.  Plus I had the feeling I was getting a UTI too.  Not my normal "Holy God! this is the most painful pee ever!" UTI, but the less common "I need to always pee" UTI.  I emailed my ObGYN, and she called in some antibiotics for me, and asked me to go to the lab for a urine culture too.  I left work after working four hours, and drove South to Kaiser.  By the time I got there I needed to pee really bad.  I was glad there was no line at the lab (since there often is).  Then I went down to the pharmacy, which was full of sick, screaming children.  And my Rx wasn't ready, so I had to wait.
The UTI is feeling better.  And after 2 more days off work, I'm finally starting to get over this cold/sinus thing.  I'm draining a little, and my throat is ok.  But I'm still tired. I was going to try to walk today, but a short trip to the grocery store wore me out.
On being alone:
Another reason I'm worn out, is because Aaron's been gone more of the week.  I have no clue how single moms, or Army moms do it.  I do not function well on my own.  He was gone Monday morning through Wednesday afternoon.  Then he had a long meeting on Thursday night.  And now he has a short camp out  tonight into tomorrow.  Bleh.  It's hard for me to take care of four animals, and my sick self.  And try to keep the house in somewhat clean shape.  Even when I'm not sick, I'm tired pretty easily.
Pregnancy:
I'm 31 weeks today.  That means in a couple of days, I'll be 8 months pregnant.  Holy Moly!  That's kind of scary.  Mojo's room isn't ready.  We don't have a car seat or crib (we do have a borrowed bassinet and lots of cloth diapers).  And I really need to get the insurance stuff straightened out.  Ugh, I'll be glad once I have that done.
I've been having a lot of indigestion lately.  Bleh, I hate that.  But I'm still sleeping well, except for waking up to pee.  I can still get comfortable.
Mojo is still dancing around a lot.  I love it.  We're still reading to him nightly.  Aaron was kind of joking around saying we were going to confuse him by reading him The Hobbit one night and Dr Seuss the next.
My baby shower is next week!  Actually, my first one is on Sunday in Virginia.  My relatives are having one for me, even though I can't go, which is really nice.  Then the shower that Sophie is throwing me is next Saturday.  And that means my marmie will be here on Wednesday night!!!  Eee!  And I'm getting an updo done before my shower so I look pretty, since I'm sure there will be lots of pictures.  And I'm excited to see people and eat and have presents.
Marmie:
I'm trying to get the house ready for Marmie's visit.  The guest room is almost ready, it needs a little more cleaning, and some fresh linens.  Aaron is hopefully going to get Mojo's room painted on Sunday and Monday.I'm not sure what she'll do while she's here, since I'm still working when she's here.  I think Sophie wants some help with shower stuff.
It'll be better once I'm on leave and then she'll be back.  Then I can hang with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment