Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Just the hits


Pregnancy
  • Bending is getting really hard.  Sometimes I have to walk the dogs by myself, which is hard because they pull a lot.  But harder because I really have to bend to pick up after them.  Mojo is still kicking around a lot.  My bladder has shrunk.  I can feel like I'm bursting, and I get to the bathroom, and just an average amount of pee comes out.  Plus it's really fun when he uses my bladder as a trampoline.
Insurance
  • Related to pregnancy: I'm trying to get all the insurance stuff sorted out.  It's a little overwhelming, which is saying something, since insurance is what I do.  I know I want to stay with Kaiser.  And I know I was Mojo to be with Kaiser at least through year 1, if not beyond.  But it's really difficult because all the plans are based on income, and I have no clue whether (or how much) I'll be going back to work.  The other issue to when (or if) to switch off my work plan and onto either an individual plan (or Covered CA plan).  I tried to call Covered CA, but their phones are too busy, so I filled out the online form, hopefully they'll call back soon.  I'm going to call Kaiser in the next couple of days and see what info I can get from them.
Fitness
  • I've been using my Fitbit.  I try to get to 10000 steps most days.  I don't always make it, but I try.  I'm also watching what I eat.  Hopefully I won't gain too much weight before the next appointment.  The Fitbit also monitors my sleep, which has been not great.  I do ok on the weekends, but during the week, I usually get 6hrs 15 min.  My lunch walks are getting more difficult.  I'm starting to get achy, and I still have sciatica off and on.  I'm not meant to weigh 190-some pounds.  
Play
  • We  saw The Book of Mormon in San Francisco on Tuesday.  It was so good, and we had a lot of fun.  We don't really go out and do stuff much, and it'll be even less in a couple of months.  It was a little last hurrah.  I had previously thought about a babymoon, but I don't think it's going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment