Just the life of any other Rachel

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Updates

An update from last time:
  • Laundry I'm still working through this, there was a lot
  • Groceries Nope.  Didn't get there yet.  I'm going to go tomorrow.
  • Exercise I didn't do specific exercises, but I did do specific walking.  I feel ok about that
  • Dishes Done!
  • Bills Organized and ready to be paid
  • General cleaning I did quite a bit, but there is always more
  • Find a birthday gift for my mom, and mail her cards Nope.  I got part of a gift today, but the cards are still sitting on the counter.

Now, of course, we're on to other things.  Like Bertie's first illness.  Fortunately, it's just a cold.  Unfortunately, babies don't know how to blow noses, and don't like the bulb syringe.  So he's been really fussy.  He spent most of the night sleeping with me.  And he hasn't napped much today either.  He's snotty and stuffy.  (When typing snotty into my phone, it auto corrected to "shitty").
Bertie also tried squash for the first time today.  I thought it tasted gross.  But he liked it.  So far, we're six for six!

Since Aaron worked so much last weekend, (and quite a few nights this week) he worked a short day today, which was great because dealing with a clingy, whiny, snotty, stuffy baby is a little wearing.  And Aaron took Bertie with him to a meeting tonight (yay!) which is why I have time to type this blog.

I have having a boob problem.  I'm not sure what it is, exactly.  At first I thought it was a plugged duct, but it's not.  Then I thought it might be thrush, but it's now that either.  It hurts so much when he nurses on the left side. And the nipple hurts randomly when he's not nursing.  I talked to the OBGyn, and the lactation consultant.  They suggested I try the lactation support group on Thursday morning, so we'll give it a shot.

We got a preview of Bertram's 6-month photo shoot.



Finally asleep today (while at Target)

1 comment: