Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Just a couple things

Bertram is 7 months old today.

He had a couple firsts today: rolling back to front, and banana.

 I'd been a little concerned about his rolling.  He rolled front to back around 3 months, but we had yet to see him go the other way.  I'd assumed he could do it, but I'd never had proof.  Today I put him in his crib for a nap.  He was babbling, and playing like usual.  Then he got quiet, so I looked at the monitor, thinking he was asleep.  There he was, playing on his belly!

Prior to that, he accidentally had banana.  He and I went to visit my dad.  Dad is leaving on a trip soon, and said, "here, eat this banana, it's getting mushy and I'm not going to eat it".  I agreed, and set the banana on the table in front of me.  Bertie started playing with it, and biting on the outside.  Then he pulled the top (stem) off. Then he got part of the peel down and put it in his mouth again.  I took it from him.  I took a bite, and then mushed up a bit for him with my finger, and put it in his mouth.  We shared the whole banana that way.  He loved it.  (I gave him a little more with dinner.  I mushed up a bit of banana from my freezer and mixed it in his cereal).

Fiona has been on my last nerve.  She's learned to jump up on the counter and eat the cat food.  If we forget to push the desk chair in, as soon as my back is turned, she'll hop up and chow down.

We've all had colds this week.  It started with Bertie, then moved to me, then Aaron.  Aaron also had a tummy bug (or food poisoning?) on top of the cold.  We've all been trying to take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment