Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, October 9, 2014

It's been two weeks again!

A lot has happened, lets see what I can remember.

Bertie had his first illness.  It started out as a cold.  And then drug on forever.  He had the cold for a week, and then got a fever on told of it.  And his snot changed from clear to green.  I called the advice nurse last Friday.  I assumed he had a virus.  They said to keep an eye on it and watch for breathing problems.  He was sick all weekend, so Aaron called the advice nurse on Sunday and made an appointment for Monday morning.   I took him in after I got done with work.  He weighs 17lbs now.  He's chunking up.  Bertie had bilateral ear infections and bronchiolitis.  So he got amox and an albuterol inhaler.  He loves the amox (Aaron and I both remember liking it too) and he doesn't mind the inhaler too much.  It looks like this:


He's feeling better now.  Today was the first day he seemed like himself.

Bertie has tried quite a few foods: Rice and oat cereals, carrots, squash, sweet potato, green beans, peas, mango, banana.  He also had a snow cone with no syrup (so, snow, basically). And a couple tiny bites of mashed potatoes. He likes everything except peas.  I made home made peas.  I just bought baby food peas a couple days ago, so we'll see if he likes those better.  Maybe the smoother texture will be better.


I've been sick for a little bit too.  We all had colds.  Plus I've been remarkably tired, more than usual.  Exercising has gone by the wayside.  But I was getting my steps in.  Until Sunday, when my fitbit died.  Like dead, died.  I tried charging it, resetting it.  Nothing.  So Aaron contacted the customer service, and I'm in the process of getting a replacement.  It's sad to have no clue how much I'm doing day to day.  I'm looking forward to cooler weather.  Then Bertram and I can go for a hike on Tuesdays and Thursday.  And maybe the other days after work too.  I really would like to start getting fit again.  I managed to get my wedding band back on, but then it was stuck.  I managed to get it off tonight.  I'm going to send Aaron to get them resized.  If my fingers slim down again, I'll wear one of those ring snugger thingies.  But it may be like my feet, they're not going to shrink.

I've been working on getting Aaron's costume together.  It's a secret though.  Bertie has a cat costume.  But I'm seeing if I can find him a monkey costume for cheap, since I have a banana costume.  I thought it would be cute.  If not, I'll either go as a cat too, or a prairie girl, since I already have it.

A few weeks ago, Aaron started teaching me to drive stick.  I feel like I'm started getting it.  But I haven't been able to practice since.

Zelda's 9th birthday was a couple days ago.  We had a tiny party.  I made a cake, Zelda and Yoie loved it.
 
Bertie was very excited for the party. (This was in the height of his illness)

 
Zelda loved the cake!

He got a balloon at Safeway today.  He loved it.

Holding his balloon, and eating a rice cracker. (Today was the first time he tried them)

A couple nights ago Bertie fell asleep while Aaron was reading.  We left him in our bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment