Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Three weeks later?

It's been three weeks since I last posted?  Yeesh.

It's been kind of a tough week.  My depression has been creeping back in.  I've been really tired and disinterested.  Last night, for example, I went to sleep a little before 11:30.  I got up around 8 for a bit, and Bertie and I laid back down around 9.  We then slept til 12:20.  And I was still tired.  I ate a little, since I hadn't eaten yet.  Then I decided I'd better go for a walk, before I fell asleep again.  Bertie and I walked to Dollar Tree and back.

I've been really bad with exercise.  I haven't exercised (aside from walking) since last Wednesday.  I've felt so tired and unmotivated.  Sluggo.

We found out that Nanny is going to have to move from the farm in the Spring.  It's really sad.  The property owners said she could stay as long as she wanted (after my grandpa died).  Apparently, that wasn't true.  It's like the remainder of my childhood is over.  My mom grew up there.  And us kids spent every summer (and occasional Christmases) there.  It's one of my favourite places in all the world (maybe my favourite).  It's beautiful, lush, secluded, and quiet.  There are different wild woodland animals.  Growing up there were cows and a horse.  They always had various farm dogs (Gidget, Tanya, Black Jack, the other girl I can't remember).  We'd catch lightning bugs, go fishing in the lake, make mudslides at the red clay canyon, and climb in the giant magnolia tree.  Huge family dinners, and sitting with my cousins at the kids' table in the kitchen. Yeah.  There are a lot of memories.  It's sad to think that the last time I was there will probably be the last time.

Bertie has been his usual awesome self.  I just love him so much.  He's still a great sleeper at night.  His naps are hit or miss.  I think teeth are coming soon,I can see the outlines on his bottom gums.  He likes food. So far he's had rice cereal, oatmeal, quinoa, carrots, and sweet potatoes.  He really wants table food, but obviously isn't ready for it yet.  He's a very happy kid most of the time.  We're still working on sitting up, but he's not there yet.  Also, I still haven't seen him roll front to back.  

Aaron is going to be the camp director again next Summer.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I'm not thrilled about this.  But we'll get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment