Just the life of any other Rachel

Saturday, August 30, 2014

A non-sad post

Today has been a great, and very laid back day.  We slept in a little and snuggled in bed with our baby.  He's very much a mama's boy lately.  He loves daddy, but only wants mama.  Bertie sat in the swing while Aaron and I got the house looking good.  (I have no clue how we manage to so thoroughly destroy it in such a short time period).  Got the laundry put away, played with Bertie on the floor for a bit.  He's currently taking nap #2 for the day.  He had some rice cereal earlier, he's really starting to like it, I think.  He ate the whole bowl.  (Last night he only ate half, and Zelda finished the rest).

Also today, I finished the last (90th) day of the Bikini Body Mommy challenge!  I'm really proud of myself.  I can't believe I stuck to it, and finished it.  I'm going to do my final measurements and weigh in tomorrow.  Then the whole thing starts anew in a week.

Bertie had two doctors' appointments this week.  The first was his 6 month check up.  Turns out, he's still a little guy.  Weight: 15lb7oz (12.5%), height: 26" (22%), and head: 44.5cm (83%).  Little guy, big head.  :-)  He did well, he's on track, meeting all his milestones.  He got three shots, which he was not happy about. The next day he had the follow up with his orthopedist.  He also had his first x-ray.  Everything looked great.  His acetabulum look great, nice and round.  That means he doesn't need to wear his brace anymore!  Woohoo!  He'll have a follow up in another 6 months, just to make sure all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment