Just the life of any other Rachel

Thursday, August 28, 2014

I feel blue

I shouldn't, but I do.

Bertie had his 6 month check up today.  Everything is fine, he's growing on the curve.  He's still tiny (height and weight in the 12th and 13th percentiles), with a huge head (the 83rd percentile).  He's meeting his milestones, and is a happy, healthy boy.  He got his shots, which is always sad, and then fell asleep for 2 hours.

So why am I sad?

I read in a couple of the online breastfeeding groups about women exclusively breastfeeding beyond 6 months, to 7.5 and 8 months.  So I asked the pediatrician about that (because I'd not heard much about that).  She said it's not the best idea, since after 6 months babies need a lot more iron, which they can't get from breast milk. I guess my face must have dropped, because she started reassuring me to keep breastfeeding, just add in food bit by bit.

I feel sad to not be his only food supply (pizza pie).  I think I'm sad that he's growing up.  I used to think it was so dumb to hear moms lamenting about babies growing up.  Of course, they're supposed to grow up.  If they stay little forever you're doing something wrong.  But now I get it.  I just want time to slow down a little more.

He had his first bowl of rice cereal tonight.  He loved it.









No comments:

Post a Comment