Just the life of any other Rachel

Monday, June 1, 2015

Mom of the Year

This morning:
I was looking up some exercises, and Bertie was right next to me.  He was pushing his walker around.  Then he fell over.  Not unusual, he's learning to walk, he falls over a lot.  But he fell over, and landed head first on a dog comb.
(The dog comb was on a low shelf, but Bertram loves taking every thing off shelves and putting it on the floor. The comb has since been locked away in the child-proof cabinet.)

So he fell sideways, and the comb hit right behind his ear.  And much to my horror was still in his head as he sat up.  He was screaming, of course.  I very gently removed the comb, and inspected his scalp.  It actually didn't look too bad.  Just two little puncture holes, neither were really bleeding.  I nursed him until he calmed down, which didn't take long.  Then I ran down the street to my MiL's house to get her opinion.  She said it would probably be ok, and to keep an eye on it.  I came back, cleaned his head with rubbing alcohol, and put bacitracin on it.  Then I called the advice nurse.  She said I did the right thing, and to keep an eye out for concussion symptoms for the next 24 hours.

So yep, mom of the year over here. -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment