Just the life of any other Rachel

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Thoughts on parenting and life this week

I was thinking about parenting a little bit.  And it seems like parenting (at least for me, with a little guy) is all about extremes.  Like huge highs and lows.  More joy than you ever thought you could feel.  More frustrated that you thought.  More bored than you thought you would be with a newborn.  More love than you knew you had capacity for.  And more empathy.  (I swore I wouldn't cry when Bertie got his shots, and I think I've cried almost every time).  Anyway, blah, blah, blah.  Rachel waxes philosophical.

I have exercised all three days this week!  Baby steps, but I am going to get fit.  Aaron and I were talking about baby #2.  We thought we could start now, but I want us both to be in better shape (me, especially).  I don't want to have to lose 40+ lbs next time.  So the goal is to be back in the 140s by Feb 2016.  (I'm currently in the 180s, so I have a way to go). Hopefully Bertie will wean before too long, then I can get on Adderall again.

I made really good burgers for dinner tonight.  I had ground pork, and ground beef chorizo that I needed to use.  I mixed them together, and it was really good.  A little spicy, but Bertie ate 1/3 of a burger.  I also chose an awesome watermelon!  Huge, and only $4.

Bertie is a lot of fun lately, but super challenging.  He's into everything!  Dog food, dog water, pantry cabinet, pots and pans, and the fridge when he can get in it.  He loves unrolling toilet paper, tearing tissues and newspapers.  He love water.  I'm going to find out about free swim and mommy baby swim lessons at the local city pool.  Also, some of the splash pads (at city parks) are still open, in spite of the drought. So I need look around and see which local ones are open.  I'm trying to fine some fun and different things for him to do.  We went to the park today, after my walk/jog.  He still loves the swings, and now he loves the slide.

I've been watching True Detective.  I think I have 1 or 2 episodes left.

No comments:

Post a Comment